SKKU, VISION 2020
VISION 2020 embodies every SKKU student’s dream, will, and destiny to make SKKU a global leading university. SKKU’s primary goals are to offer world-class education, produce exemplary research achievements, secure its reputation domestically and abroad, and emerge as a global hub university with the best knowledge and human resources network.
To successfully establish VISION 2020, SKKU will pursue ‘the 5 Core Strategies’ and ‘5 Divisional Strategies’.
The 5 Major Top Strategies are comprised of strategic, selection-and-concentration tasks that will help establish S KKU’s leading position in various fields and highlight SKKU’s unique color, by promoting those that will raise SKKU’s competitiveness to a higher, global level.
The Strategic Tasks for 5 Major Areas are the general tasks that influence SKKU’s competitiveness. There are 55 strategic tasks over five major areas: Brand Power, Educational Innovation, Faculty/Research/Industry-University Cooperation, Innovative Management, and New Campus.
Mission & Vision of College of Confucian Studies and Eastern Philosophy
College of Confucian Studies & Eastern Philosophy fosters the leaders of 21st century as follows:
- Experts of East Asian cultural ideology
- Talented students who contribute to the development of traditional culture as an expert or a professional
CORE = Initiative for College of Humanities' Research and Education, sponsored by Government financial support programs
Vision: Realization of Silsagushi Humanities
- the core method of Silhak
- seeking the truth on the basis of reality and facing reality but also;
- trying to keep traditions, as well as a macroscopic view of the future
- Society related to humanities, meeting the need of economy and training excellent learning in future generations
4 Major Objectives:
- Training human resources to carry on the global spirit of Ji-won Park who looked at the world through Yeolha llgi
- Training human resources to carry on the spirit of practical use and the practice and integral thoughts of Yak-yong Jeoung who designed Hwaseong city (employing the use of Keojoongki and pulleys to construct the fortress due to the influence of convergence thought, linked to Confucianism)
- Training human resources to carry on the spirit of Scalar of Toegye Yi Whang who explored the best level neo- Confucianism of the East Asia
- Training human resources to carry on the spirit of Yulgok Yi I's foresight, who predicted that the change of society is always one step ahead and prepared for the late period of Chosen
- The Twelve Strategy Assignments