Confucian Studies &
Ranked 95th in the QS(Quacquarelli symonds) World University Rankings and 10th in THE(Times Higher Education) Asian University Rankings.
GSB MBA Program(British Financial Times): Ranked 42th in the world, 9th in the Asia.
5 academic subjects ranked in the Top 50 of the 2019 QS World University Subject Rankings:
- Library and Information Science #28, Materials Science #31, Public Administration #34, Chemical Engineering #35, Mechanical Engineering #42
Philosophy ranked in 133.
No.1 private university in the National Customer Satisfaction Index(NCSI) for 12 consecutive years, No.1 university in the Korean Standard-Service Index(KS-SQI).
- IEQAS Certified
SKKU is one of the Korean universities which have been accredited by the International Education Quality Assurance System (IEQAS) administered by Ministry of Education and National Research Foundation of Korea.
IEQAS qualitatively as well as quantitatively examines a particular university’s services, administration, education, infrastructure and other factors that are generally considered important for international students. In short, IEQAS aims at enhancing South Korean universities’ management skills of international students by suggesting ideal standards for international student recruitment, caring, and retention. A tertiary higher education institution accredited by IEQAS will have more chances to win the Global Korea Scholarship, which will eventually and substantially benefit the students it takes in.
SKKU Achievement in Education & Research
- Selected as the Outstanding University in the Advancement for College Education Project for 3rd consecutive year
- Establishment of a personality education system: Initiation of the Sungkyun Personality Quality Subject (personality, leadership), Initiation of the Sungkyun Personality Education Center
- Employment rate No.1 in the country for second consecutive year: 69.3%
- Publication of more than 4,427 international SCI-level articles
- 0.8, the number of international papers per faculty (No.1 in Korea)
- 5.2, the number of citations received per international paper for the past five years (No.1 in Korea)
- Establishment of 24 BK21 PLUS Project Groups (teams), 21.2 billion won profit per year (148.4 billion won in seven years)
Establishment of two IBS Campus Research Institutes (for future Nobel Prize -winning research):
Nanostructure Physics Research & Neuroscience Imaging Research, 200 billion won investment)
- Achievements in technology transfers and patents: 4 billion won/ 351 cases
- Establishment of Asia R&D Center for Germany’s BASF, the largest chemical company in the world
- Leaders in Industry-University Cooperation (LINC) Project funds highest in the country Establishment of new, Industry-University Cooperative programs: Convergence Medicine Science, Finance, Pharmaceutical Industry Studies (doctoral program), Global Construction Engineering
- Income from Technology Transfer: 3.7 billion won
- Internal exchange agreement with 870 universities from 74 countries around the world
- Increase in the number and variety of foreign students: 2,161 foreign students from 62 countries
- Expansion of Dual-Joint Degree Program: 33 universities including MIT and Peking University
- Hosting of the QS-APPLE Conference: 592 participants, 256 organizations from 48 countries
- Operation of the country’s largest and the best International Summer Semester (1,698 students from 34 countries)